Your locally owned and operated hospice.
1. Hospice is not just end-of-life care. Hospice is most effective for patients and families in the final months of life when one can take full advantage of the range of services hospices has to offer.
2. Hospice cares for people with any kind of life-limiting illness. If you are unsure if you qualify, AHC can do a FREE evaluation.
3. Hospice is fully covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private health plans and HMOs.
4. Hospice is NOT limited to six months of care.
5. Hospice is not "giving up." It is simply about choosing, care, comfort, and pain management over all else.
6. AHC is a not-for-profit agency and works to reduce patients's out of pocket spending.
7. You can choose to go off of hospice services at anytime if you decide that hospice is not for you.
8. You don't need a doctor to make a referral to hospice. Anyone can contact AHC to make a referral!